- Update from Anglian Water regarding opening dates and stocking for the new season
- Further to the government briefing on 27th January regarding the current national lockdown, it is now looking more likely we will be unable to open our fisheries on our advertised opening dates.
- As such we anticipate our new season to begin on 1st April however should restrictions ease before this date, we will open as planned.
- If restrictions extend past the 5th April 2021, refunds will be given for any closed period from this date. No refunds will be made for the period between the planned fishery opening date and the 5th April 2021.
- Our planned pre-season stocking is continuing as normal in anticipation of a fantastic opening day
We appreciate this is a frustrating time but thank you all for your continued support.
Previous update on 8 January 2021
Dear Sailing Club and Fishing Club leader,
Following an internal review of our position in respect of the national lockdown which commenced on Tuesday 5th January. I can confirm the following:
Our parks will be remaining open for access to the tracks, playgrounds and car parks and we will be providing takeaway services only from our cafes.
While there have been updates from the RYA and Angling Trust reporting some ‘localised‘ angling and sailing activity can continue there is an overwhelming interpretation that exercise must be local and limited. To this end and given that the majority of participants in these activities at our parks would need to travel outside of their local area we believe maintaining our decision to suspend water based activities for the duration of this current period of lockdown, remains the right thing to do for our local communities and the effort to overcome the pandemic.
I know how difficult this is for us all and appreciate the support some of you have already shown for this decision. We look forward to re-opening in line with government guidance and seeing you all for a vaccine protected 2021 season!
Head of Parks & Conservation
Membership subscriptions are now due
A gentle reminder to members that your annual subscription fell due on 1st January. You will have received a newsletter recently informing you of this with details of how to pay. If you have any doubts about your membership status, please e mail the secretary email@example.com for clarification.